Gezien wij op zoek zijn naar een Engelstalige (of vloeiend sprekende) Domain Architect voor Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services, is onderstaande vacaturetekst in het Engels. Indien je interesse hebt, horen wij graag van je!
We are looking for a Domain Architect to join our Architecture & Design Engineering team to take end to end ownership of the continued development and delivery of our Public Cloud strategy.
The Architecture & Design Engineering team is part of Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services (GBS). GBS is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverables, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
As a Domain Architect you will develop and define Cloud Technologies for enhancing our business agility. This role is primarily focused to Europe and you will be working with an established European based Achitecture team consisting of 5 architects. You will be providing deep technical knowledge in the use of both Azure and AWS Cloud Technologies, defining the strategic direction, definitions and developing standards for Cloud Technologies as well as providing advisory and guidance to our Solution Architects. In addition you will be also part of a wider global Architecture team which consists of more than 30 Architects
You will be aligned to two key delivery programmes Journey to the Cloud (J2C) and Data Center Consolidation (DCC) which are transitioning and transforming our infrastructure environments towards the Public Cloud across all Wolters Kluwer divisions in Europe. In this role you will be expected to work within a Matrix based organization and have strong collaboration and communication skills.
You will be ensuring the Strategic Intent of the Public Cloud Strategy is delivered through an existing Architecture Governance Framework, where you will be expected to provide peer review of the European Solution Architectures.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Applies a variety of analytical and visualisation techniques, in consultation with experts if appropriate, and with sensitivity to the limitations of the techniques.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms, and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
- Takes responsibility for the gathering requirements, design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance (including storage and communication of data, voice, text, audio and images) and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitors their performance
- Contributes to the creation and review of a systems capability strategy which meets the strategic requirements of the business. Develops models and plans to drive forward the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance.
- Provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
Development and implementation:
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs and takes into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Specifies and designs complex hardware components/ systems. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise policies, and ensures they are applied effectively. Reviews others' designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and effective integration of multiple systems and technology. Contributes to policy for selection of components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks. Ensures that hardware designs balance functional, service quality, security, systems management and sustainability requirements.
Relationships and engagement:
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information. Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.